[pct-l] Welcome to newbies

Welcome to those that are planning your hike! Just a warning that a lot of
us are feeling cabin fever or reentry denial syndrome from last year's (or
last decade's) hike. Because of this, we might get a bit edgy or sarcastic.
Don't that it the wrong way. There's lots of good info on this list. If ever
you feel a discussion is getting out there (as opposed to getting out there
on the trail), just delete it. We won't take offense. Honest. There's lots
of good info on this list, but sometimes it gets a bit lost in the campfire
discussions.

You might consider browsing this list's archives at
http://mailman.backcountry.net/pipermail/pct-l/ a bit before asking
questions. It's not that we don't mind questions, it's just that some of
them, well, you know, generate some strong opinions.

Again, welcome, and HYOH (hike your own hike).

AsABat

(Not the moderator, just someone who needs to go hiking)