[pct-l] Calling all Women Hikers!

hmmmmmmmmm...if I were a woman I would take this with
an HUGE grain of salt...not to be pesonal..just a healthy
educated (PhD type) skepticism...

If all the ladys that even think of answering this type of survey
would do a little research....just use google-- really easy and
fast you would see this is a well-worn research topic
in the field..starting way back in the 50's when women
athletics were in the germination stage so-to-speak for
the "modern" era. this includes the first woman's marathon
and olymic games entry, women in the western states 100 foot
race,...etc etc etc...

Be very skeptical..sounds pruirent? (sp) prurient?? (fishy!)
(sp?) to me!!

Richard

PS-

HYOH and again, nothing personal..just be cautious..
Caveat emptor on giving away pesonal information to an
unknow internet person..MD or not...this stuff is
none of his business especially with so much data
already out there about the topic...has he sent the
same thing to my runner's list? NO! To my mountain
climbing lists?? NO!  Has he published this before?
NO..not to my knowledge...has he done other studies?
Nope..not that I can find...

NOR DOES IT MATTER...sounds like physhing to me!

PPS-

All typoes and mispellings are the respobsibility of the
author (me!) 'casue my spell checker is acting up!

Ok..I am off my soapbox...and nothing again personal to
the sender of that note. It is just that there is soooo
much weirdness on net as you know!

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 21:41:27 +0100 (BST), Michele Toms wrote