[pct-l] metric weight

Let me suggest a couple of way that our school children are at a
disadvantage by not using metric:

() if the student goes abroad for a year he/she will have difficulty
dealing with the weights and measures both in his classes and daily life.

() given the increasing international trade and business, once the
student enters business he/she will more likely have to deal with metric
measures.

() if the student becomes an engineer, most projects located outside the
US will be in metric.

and on a different note, when I watched the Olympics in 2004, I noticed
that instead of reporting the high jump bar at what ever height it was
set in in centimeters; the height was displayed in inches and odd fractions.

Tortoise