[pct-l] peaks along the PCT sect B, C, D

Section B
Apache Peak - almost on trail
Antsell Rock class 3
Red Tahquitz - almost on trail
*Tahquitz Peak and Lookout
Marion Mt
Jean Mt
*San Jacinto
Black Mountain - Road Walk

Section C
*San Gorgonio --- via Fish Creek - exit Mission Creek
Gold Mountain - Dirt Rd
Bertha Mountain - Dirt Rd
Delamar Peak - exit North of Cougar Crest
Grays Peak
*Hawes Peak-- exit near Holcomb Crossing
Cleghorn Mt - Cajon Mt - Dirt Rd

Section D
*Pine Mt - Mt Dawson and Baldy (San Antonio) --- Just South of Acorn Trail
        Highly recommended
Wright Mountain - almost on trail
*Baden Powell - next 3 are almost on trail
Mt Burnham
Mt Throop
Mt Hawkins and Lookout
*Mt Islip
*Mt Williamson

* Signigant Mountains and trailed the entire way

These are my Mountains

Shutterbugg

yogi <yogihikes@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
You know how Eagle Creek is an alternate which leaves the PCT but doesn't interrupt a continuous hike? Well, what peaks near the PCT could be hiked in the same alternate-route fashion?

I'm talking about HIKING, not climbing. That means Thielsen is out.

Nothing involving crampons and ice axes, so Rainier is out.

I'm looking for peaks that you can walk to the top of using reasonable-length alternates (not 50-mile roundtrips). Here's what I've come up with so far:

San Jacinto
Baden-Powell
Olancha
Whitney