[pct-l] RE: Hiking for Charity

This summer I encountered a person hiking for charity,
a charity that had nothing at all to do with trails,
forests, the environment, etc.
He told me that the charity (he worked for it full
time) gave him a paid leave to do the hike. That meant
hiring an additional worker at an expense to the
charity (really those who donate). So that really
means that anyone who contributed to that organization
was paying for this guy to have a nice hike.
We had contributed to this organization, but when I
saw how carelessly they spent their money, we stopped
donating.

Additionally, I don't go into the wilderness to be
harassed by the equivalent of telemarketers. I found
it a most annoying scam.