[pct-l] CA Sec. B San Jacinto Peak Hike

My friend Dave and I just got back from our 10/16-19 hike of Sec B. from
Apache Peak to I-10.  We experienced the thunder/lighting and hard rains
plus an earthquake or two while camping at the PCT Jct with Wellmans
Cienage trl.  Elevation is just slightly above 9,000 ft. On Tuesday
morning there was about 4 inches of snow on the ground.  Wednesday was
drippy and slightly more difficult to find the trail as we headed north.
We ran out of snow at about 7,000 ft. as we hiked down Fuller Ridge.  We
camped on the 'narrow gap' just where the trail drops down to the desert
floor.  Wednesday was bright and sunny.  The trail tread on the upper
1/3 of the mountain was well wash boarded by the recent rain.  This
slope burned about 3 years previous and the lack of vegetation no doubt
attributed to intense erosion of the trail.

Jim Batdorff
Coos Bay, OR