[pct-l] Dehydrating Food

Yeah smash the food up.  Everytime I have to use a "bear can" I put my food through the blender and then smash it up by using a rollingpin over it.  I can get 14 - 15 quality days of food in my bearvault this way.  Each day ~3000 Cal.  If I go out for only 2 weeks, I will have left overs.  It takes me at least 9 - 10 days before I even come close to wanting 3000 Cal in one day.

Joanthon

csx@schizoaffective.org wrote:

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 17:11:17 -0700, had this to say:
I make hummus and then dehydrate it and then turn it to powder in my blender.
This saves me a ton of money over commercial powdered hummus. I like to turn
foods into power because powder does not poke holes in bags and it packs very
efficiently.