[pct-l] RE: pct-l Digest, Vol 30, Issue 17

I think I've been the last one to go through Sect F.  I'm in Mojave writing this.  The BS cache is completely full of 16 gallon milk jugs plus three 2 liter bottles, plus a bottle of gatorade.  Splash drank the guava juice.  I hiked all night in the thunderstorm of the century (I was toasty as long as I was hiking and all my belongings were soaked).  Splash was 35 miles ahead and stayed tented for 48 hours.  I hiked all night to Kelso Rd where I got help and shelter from some wonderful people.  I am now about to send Splash off on Section E.
Capt Bivy

Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 10:46:13 -0700
From: "Monty Tam" <metam01@earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: [pct-l] Bird Springs Cache needs help
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net

Some like chocolate, some like vanilla.

I'm all for a nice looking trail.

Maybe there's something wrong with me?
I like the water and Mary likes helping hikers.  Perfect match.
Think I used about 2 cups at the very most last May, but nice to know it
was there.
I had 15 more miles to Kelso Valley Road where Mary supplies another cache.

I did have first hand info on water-for-me-to-fill-up there.
Mary expects that and even encouraged it.

Just my hike.
It would be wrong of me to expect it of others.

Warner springs Monty