[pct-l] more about blazing

Yogi Wrote:
that gives you the right to judge others for doing something different. If
you believe, that somehow makes you better.

Thank you Yogi!
I love it!
This ought to stomp out some contraversy............
(And you're right, it does make me feel better! :-)  )

Warner Springs Monty

white blazes of paint on trees, rocks, road signs, etc.

> BLUE BLAZING:  Trails that intersect the AT are blazed with blue paint.
These trails might go to shelters, they might go around a hill while the AT
goes over the hill, they might go to a waterfall while the AT avoids it.
In this respect, the Eagle Creek Trail on the PCT could be considered a
blue-blaze trail.

> YELLOW BLAZING:  Riding in a car.  This interrupts a continuous hike.
>
> AQUA BLAZING:  Riding in a boat.
>
> I've heard of more types of blazing, but these are the major ones.  It's
an AT thing.  Sort of like religion --- by designating yourself as a white
blazer, that gives you the right to judge others for doing something
different.  If you believe, that somehow makes you better.  The whole
concept makes me nuts.

> But then, that's just my biased opinion.
>
> Did I see all the white blazes on the AT?  Yep.  But I don't care if
someone else did/didn't.  Make your hike your own, then tell the truth when
someone asks if you hiked the whole trail.

> I'll never see every step of the PCT because I just can't bring myself to
miss Eagle Creek.

> yogi
> www.pcthandbook.com
>

> yogi <yogihikes@sbcglobal.net> wrote:no, no, no.
>
> yellow-blazing is riding in a car.
> it's a bad thing.
>
> yellow blazing does NOT refer to walking.
>
> yogi
> www.pcthandbook.com
>

> StoneDancer1@aol.com wrote:
> So, as I understand it... Yellow Blazing could either be "accomplished"
by
> walking or hitching on a road and skipping a section of trail, or by
hitching
> when the road *is* the trail.
>
> Someone mentioned Eric Ryback's supposed indiscretions. I recently
re-read
> the book. He talks about going through Rockhouse Basin ( Just south of
> Kennedy Meadows ) in the afternoon and spending that night in
Tehachapi... some