[pct-l] Lasik and Altitude

MIke, Saenz, I'm not sure, but I think your optometrist is crazy.
Waiting until you're 50 to get Lasik?  I was recommended to wait at
least until 25 to get it, since by then, your eye has stopped growing.
 After that, they will continue to degrade at a normal level.
Besides, you can get the surgery now, and then if they get worse, you
can simply get it again, later on in life.  The surgery is repeatable,
and, in fact, sometimes necessary within six months to further correct
the eyesight.

  Needing reading glasses is a function of a different lense than the
one Lasik corrects.  That lense is inside your cornea, making it just
a bit harder to get to.  So, even though I had Lasik in both eyes, I
will still need reading glasse when I get older, as usual.  My mother,
who had her eyes fixed from some insane bad prescription, still needs
reading glasses, even though she does not need glasses for distance
seeing, nor is she required to have corrective eyewear to drive.  That
part of your vision is all part of getting old.   But who knows, maybe
by the time I get old, they'll have a surgery for that too.  ;-)