[pct-l] New Hiking Boots

I bought some new fabric hiking boots at the Foot Solutions store
(footsolutionsshoes.com).  They are the MBT type footwear.  It is has  a very
interesting design, which will hopefully help with some heel  problems.  I also had
excellent insoles put int them that will help with  diabetic issues.  Very nice.
I also got the free foot analysis done,  which I recommend everyone do.  This
analysis will also allow for a custom  foot insole be made for the boots, if I
decide to buy some.  The analysis  was an eye opener for me.  Very
interesting.  I found out some things  I had no idea about.

The boots are around $260 and the off the shelf insoles were around $55, I
think.  If you get custom made insoles for your feet, those are $250 and  $199
for subsequent custom insoles.  I plan on the custom insoles for the  big
Section E expedition coming up in November.  Now, this all could be a  big
marketing scam, but I do not think so.  If it works and has the  benefits are even nea
r what is advertised, I would PAY A LOT MORE money than  this for the
benefits.

I have been using the very good SuperFeet insoles for 30 years.   Compared to
the insoles at the Foot Solution store, the SuperFeet are child's  play.  No
comparison.  Also, the website does not have boots  displayed, but they are at
the store.  Not very heavy and well made.   For my diabetic issues I also got
the Diabetic Basics foot/body lotion (has  antimicrobial ability), which I
suspect would be VERY GOOD for everyone.

I knew I had to do better in the footwear and foot protection area (but I
still love my Bite hiking sandals).  My question is has anyone used  Foot
Solutions stores or products?  I guess I should have asked this  sooner. :-)   By
the way, for you short folks, the MBT footwear  makes you about 2 inches taller.

Thanks -Your hiking buddy, Switchback
Pro Consumer, Trail Dude & Camp Dandy