[pct-l] Re: lasik and altitude

Another (KISS) option to contacts on the PCT: since I figure that I must wear sunglasses most of the time anyway while hiking (bright desert or high altitude sun), I decided not to wear my contacts at all; I bought bifocal aviator-type glasses instead, lightweight, scratch -resistant and polarized for use in any light - sunglasses by day, clear at night.  Found a two pair deal - i'll carry one, have the other sent if needed [i can see well enough without to make it to a postoffice in an emergency]. These puppys ain't cheap - but with luck and a little care, they'll last two-three years.
Tim S. Albuquerque USAFrom kraig.mottar at verizon.net  Wed Oct 19 16:22:32 2005
From: kraig.mottar at verizon.net (Kraig Mottar)
Date: Wed Oct 19 17:26:04 2005
Subject: [pct-l] Lasik and altitude

I am nearsighted. I need glasses for reading especially. And if I read for long periods without my glasses, they cross.

One eye is stronger than the other. I do have 20:20 in one eye. about 20:75 or something like that, in the other. I have 20:200 when I was about 5, 6, 7, years old.

When I drive, according to my last licence (don't have on currently)
I must wear glasses when driving.

I wear glasses most of the time.

Peace,

Lraig