[pct-l] Re: Hiking for charity

Well, I am going to "hike for charity", for the Komen Foundation
actually, thought it would be fun for me to do it with a hike, as it's
hard for me to turn down a real challenge, especially one like this
that could be so personally enriching. I don't solicit on this list
because I know it could be taken the wrong way, even if my intentions
were good. And I'm definitely not soliciting other hikers on the
trail, but if anyone asks I'll jump at the chance to tell 'em about
how I ended up there. I actually hope to have my fundraising done by
the time I hit the trail, so I can just get down to business straight
off.

As far as a hiker or anyone else giving me money personally for the
trip, maybe it's a bit of trail magic, but the thing is that I fully
intend to do the hike under my own financial means. That's more
fulfilling to me actually.

Steph
PCT 07

--