[pct-l] Contact lenses

I wear RGP ("hard") contact lenses. I really haven't had any trouble with
dust on the trail. I do make sure my hands are clean before handling the
lenses. Making sure there's no insect repellant on my hands is the biggest
concern as it stings and I can't imagine what DEET would do to the lenses. I
carry glasses for use in the evenings.

I don't have a choice. Soft lenses just can't correct my vision, including
some really weird astigmatism that runs vertical in one eye and horizontal
in the other. Glasses work well enough to get around camp but not on the
trial for me. I had cornea transplants nine years ago and have avoided lasik
as I really don't want to mess up the corneas I was given.

AsABat
Have you signed your organ donor card? I can hike because two people did.