[pct-l] Contact lenses

I use the 30 day type, put them in at the beginning of the month and
then at the end throw them away. I have a bottle of drops for wetting
them if they get really dry, probably go through an 1 oz bottle in a
year. So far they haven't been an issue even on dusty days, at least
no more than normal glasses. Of course I have to pack a set of reading
glasses too (sucks getting older) for maps etc.

My plan for the PCT is start a set at Campo, carry a back up set and
bounce a couple of sets. Barring some major problem, which would
probably require being seen by an eye ophthalmologist anyway, I think
that plan is doable.

I had considered LASIK type surgery, the Navy is finally allowing
submariners that option, but don't want to take a chance on night
vision problems since I spend so much time doing astronomy. If not for
that issue I would be getting in line for the surgery ASAP.

just another viewpoint.

Bear

--
Bear AKA Lawrence Beals