[pct-l] The 'other bar' project

I don't remember too many true dive bars along the
PCT.

There was the Three Points Roadhouse which is now
closed.

I remember that day well. After going through the
Tejon ranch area on the PCT, Caboose and Heavy asked
if Megan and I were interested in getting some beers.
It was Memorial Day, afterall. Beers and burgers
sounded great.

So the four of managed a hitch from RT138 (after
paying someone $5..well worth it for four people!).
We went to Three Points.

A bit ramshackle..but the shade was cool, the beer was
cold, the burgers good, the company friendly  and the
owners wonderful people.

Sipping on a beer, eating a burger and talking. What a
day. We hitched back later somehow (involved ducking
down in a pickup truck. I didn't ask questions), went
to bed well past hiker midnight after drinking more
beer.

A bit different than my usual hiking stories..but
wonderful all the same.

--Thoreau
http://www.magnanti.com