[pct-l] Re: Rodent Proof Container

We used Ursacks from Campo to Interstate 10, and from Sonora Pass to Beldon
- no bears even investigated it as far as I could tell, and no rodents got
in. Some FYIs - the "odorproof" plastic ziplock they include to go inside
the bag is pretty worthless. The ziplock fails after about 5 days and the
whole bag goes after a couple hundred miles. It does keep the inside of the
Ursack clean. If it were about 2 inches higher, then you could use a twist
tie, but I've suggested that and no response.

It is hard to get it closed to less than a quarter inch diameter opening, so
possibly some very small rodents could get in, certainly ants could.
--
Ralph Alcorn
http://www.backpack45.com/camino2.html