[pct-l] Rockies Ruck

(as always, please excuse the cross posting)

Last year we had the first (and hopefully!) annual
Rockies Ruck. It was a great success. About twenty
hikers in Boulder, CO. We ate (boy, did we eat!),
watched slide shows and enjoyed talking trail.

There have always been Gatherings, Rucks and Trail
Days on the East and West coasts..felt it was time to
bring a get together to the Rockies. We are all sick
of flying to see our hiker buddies. :D

The Ruck is a low key get together for those who enjoy
the long trails. Does not matter if you are
thru-hiker, a section hiker, day hiker or a
dreamer...you just need to love the outdoors and the
long trails!

More info on what a Ruck is all about:
http://friends.backcountry.net/ruck/

This year, we are having the Ruck at the Leadville
Hostel (http://www.leadvillehostel.com) in Leadville,
CO on Feb 24-26th. We did it this early so all the
ATers can get inspired for their big trek!

Some of you CDTers/CTers probably know Wild Bill from
your stay at the hostel. He is very hiker friendly and
very excited to be hosting us!  Saw him in Leadville
in August and he is looking forward to having the
hikers over.

Unlike last year, we will be having the meals made for
us. Prices and such to be determined.

If you are interested in going, Bill does request a
rough head count. He knows organizing hikers can be
like herding cats :), so it will be that..a rough head
count!  I told him ~25. Seems about right based on
last year.

More updates will be posted as we get closer.

I very excited! I think the Leadville Hostel will fit
our needs. Bill knows long distance hikers and what
the scene is all about. Should be a good fit!

I started a Yahoo group about the Rockies Ruck at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rockies_ruck/.

Be an easy way to co-ordinate and such.

Any more questions? Please e-mail me at pmags AT
yahoo.com (replace the AT with an @)

--Thoreau
http://www.magnanti.com