[pct-l] going wet....

Not long ago, someone posted a theory of hiking in perrenial wet weather--
deliberately going 'wet'. The theory was something like, forget keeping out
the rain, find a way to tolerate wetness while hiking on the trail, then dry
off and keep dry the normal way in camp. Sort of like not taking off your
shoes for creek fords-- they'll be getting drenched in the slushy snow
anyway.
 Has anyone tried this method? If so, there are some lightweight neoprene
t-shirts that might make things tolerable. These are worn by kayakers and
rafters. They are like miniature wet suits (1/8"). I am not sure if this
would work but thought I'd put it out on the list for any commentary...