[pct-l] Frogg Toggs

I wore them in the torrential rain in the Cascades in 04.  It rained 8 of 15 days with 5 of those days with out letting up.  My FT kept me fairly warm if I kept moving   - I did make a mistake and wore nothing that could get soaked (just skin) under the FT and had some serious chafing problems so now have spandex shorts to eliminate that rubbing.  If you can stay on the well maintained PCT they probably are durable  - I was forced off the trail because of stream Xings-----I got back on the PCT from a less maintained access trail and the pants shredded - but they and I survived.  My pants are way to long and this is my only complaint with FT - you cannot buy them to fit (at least us short people).  They are light but compress very little so they do take up more room than I would like.  IB happy with mine.

SB

Heath Haggerty II <haggertyii@yahoo.com> wrote:
What is the general feeling on the performance of
Frogg Toggs as far as keeping you dry and their
breathability? I would like to know from people who
have used them, or tested them compared to similar
products. Or, if you know someone who used them that
would be cool. Any information would be great. Thanks.

Shocker-
San Diego