[pct-l] What to do with cats?

Best response I've had so far. Back in 1996 when I only had one cat and
lived in an apartment in Oakland, I hired the teenage son of a good
friend to come by my apartment every 2 - 3 days and put out fresh food
and water, clean the liter boxes, and pick up my mail. Worked out well.

I've since moved a couple of times and have yet to meet someone locally
who i could depend on to do the same. I have resorted to boarding my
cats at my vet, especially when my mother died and I left hurridly. Vet
care also solved the problem of nursing one cat who had had an abcess
with surgery to remedy and needed medication and attending. However as
you say, such boarding is expensive for long term absences as well as
hard on the cats. i have already arranged with my vet to provide
emergency care if needed while I'm gone.

I'll start asking around.  BTW, how did you cats react to being in with
other strange cats? My cats sometimes don't even get along with each
other, let alone other cats in the neighborhood.
--
Tortoise