[pct-l] north from Belden

This month I was thinking of making up some trail that I missed due to fire
damage a few
years ago, hiking up the PCT from Belden to the top of the ridge and then, the
next day,
back down the
Indian Creek road/trail, which was the detour after the fire.

http://pcnst.oakapple.net/photo/nc-pct/n/2001-11-10-n01/
http://pcnst.oakapple.net/photo/nc-pct/n/2001-10-14-x01/

Is it legal and advisable to park overnight at the Belden rest area?

Are there Forest Service campgrounds open near Belden?   I remember there was one
near
Belden Town, right next to the railroad, that was full of railroad people when I
went by.