[pct-l] PCT books

Thanks Ryan, very much. I'll keep the information for future use.  My goal is to gather as many books about the PCT as possible. I wonder how many there are out there?

P.S. Thanks also to those who answered my 58/PCT question.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ryan Christensen
  To: jomike@cot.net ; pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
  Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2005 1:32 PM
  Subject: RE: [pct-l] PCT books

  I have not read those books, but I have another new PCT book to add to the list.

  I am in a Nature Writing Course at Humboldt State University. The professor of the class, Corey Lewis, published a book this year titled: Reading The Trail: Exploring The Literature And Natural History Of The California Crest.

  I have looked through the book and it looks good. He uses the Pacific Crest Trail to pull together the writings of Mary Austin, John Muir, and Gary Snyder-- as examples of classic nature writing born out of three different geographical areas.

  Ryan