[pct-l] Re: How to Measure Pack Base Weight?

Very cool.  I like it!  But then, I'm something of a checklist nut.  And, I love technology (think of Kip's wedding song at the end of Napoleon Dynamite :o)

-----Original Message-----
From: enyapjr@adelphia.net
Sent: Aug 31, 2005 5:59 PM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Cc: dsaufley@sprynet.com
Subject: How to Measure Pack Base Weight?

A great little downloadable spreadsheet program related to this thread can be found at:

<http://www.backpacking.net/featured3.html>  the "BACKPACKING GEAR WEIGHT CALCULATOR" by Chris Ibbeson...

It is explained on the above link.  I have every piece of gear that I own listed (my next project must be to make sure it is all in the same location instead of scattered throughout various rooms, the basement and the garage!)...  I then check what I will take on each individual trek...  each category's weight is totaled and a grand total is given...  (My categories are Wear/Carry, Pack, Clothing, Shelter, Sleeping, Kitchen, Essentials, Miscellaneous, Fishing, and Consumables)...  I can print out the selected items as a checklist to make sure I don't leave something behind!

Happy trails!!!