[pct-l] SOBOer in the Sierras needs advice

Hi everyone,
    My son, "Mama's Boy" left Manning Park on June 26th and is about to enter the Sierras. (YEAH!) We have had a heck of a time figuring out the best way to re-supply him with food while there. We are very open to suggestions from seasoned Sierra hikers (or anyone!) This is what we have come up with after reading books and talking to friends who have done the JMT around this time of year....
    Buy 8-10 days of food in Truckee. If 8 days, resupply a few days worth at Echo Lake Resort (anyone know if they have good food this time of  year?) If 10 days, keep on walkin' to Tuolmne Meadows.... and re-supply for about 8 1/2 days worth. (Yogi's book says surprisingly good re-supply there....is that true in September, too? and for 8 plus days?)
When at Kersage Pass, walk the 9 miles and hitch the 15 to Independence and get 4 days supply- enough to get to the south Kennedy Meadows....Looks like Onyx and Tehachapi have good re-supplies and then he will be at Saufley's (oh, Donna and Jeff, I hope you are still being angels in October!!)
    Anyone have any better ideas? Let me know what you all think!
Mimi