[pct-l] Desperately need help for "Delicate Princess Foot Syndrome"

:o)  But then, how could I prove my laundry prowess when I put a freshly washed hiker sock up to my face and take a huge whiff?!

-----Original Message-----
From: bluebrain@bluebrain.ca
Sent: Aug 31, 2005 11:25 AM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: Re: [pct-l] Desperately need help for "Delicate Princess Foot 	Syndrome"

> The Boutenko's, a family of Russian born, raw food vegetarians who
> gathered some of their wild foods, hiked the trail barefoot in '98.  All
> of their feet were doing just fine -- no blisters.  Barefoot seemed to
> work (for them).

I can't imagine getting through a day on the trail, much less weeks or
months, on raw vegetables.  :-s

My girlfriend has me on a diet and all I eat most of the time is fruit and
vegetables and I'm constantly hungry!  I can eat serving after serving of
veggies and fruit and it seems like I just get progressively hungrier.

As for the bare feet, that's fascinating!  I wonder how much time it would
take to toughen up the average foot well enough to be able to handle that
kind of mileage?

What if this starts a trend???  Like distance hikers don't already get odd
enough looks walking into towns.

Nah, I think this is a trick.  Donna is tired of washing our socks.

Paul