[pct-l] Desperately need help for "Delicate Princess Foot Syndrome"

I can only chime in with a 'me too' concerning custom orthotics. I have
a completely different foot, but problematic for other reasons:
extremely low instep, wide feet, prone to blisters because I sweat a
lot everywhere including my feet. Plus I have a history of straining
and spraining my ankle. This summer I developed one blister, that
healed underneath sport tape after a while. I did not hurt my ankle,
while hiking in rocky terrain in trail runners and that one blister was
all the pain I have had.

By the way: I got my orthotics at an outdoor store. They are really
custom: made me walk to observe my gait, looked at my old shoes, had me
stand on a piece of paper to see where the 'pressure points' were and
then walk over a piece of carbon paper. I did not see a podiatrist. All
in all the insoles cost me around 90 dollars. This was in the
Netherlands, but I was wondering if you necessarily would have to see
someone with a medical degree who would charge you much more......?

Saskia