[pct-l] Desperately need help for "Delicate Princess Foot Syndrome"

blisters between your toes?
they need lubrication.
try vaseline or neosporin.

yogi
www.pcthandbook.com

Maggie <hdfullofrox@yahoo.com> wrote:Thanks for the contact cement idea!

I admit to not having put a GREAT deal of effort into
the podiatrist route thus far. However, I have spoken
to one podiatrist who suggested I wear cotton socks. I
was not particularly impressed with that advice, as
you can well imagine.

Other podiatrist offices I have called have required a
referral from my regular doctor. I don't actually HAVE
a regular doctor...and don't have health insurance.
Interesting way the medical world works these days. At
any rate, I initially became rather discouraged by my
attempts to find help from the medical community. At
this point however, I might just show up and hold a
podiatrist's office hostage with my hiking poles if
that's what it takes to get back on the trail.

Your feet sound VERY similar to mine. However (and I
have long since lost the little worksheet from my foot
measuring) I recall that my forefoot still falls
within the "narrow" category.

I usually get blisters on my heels. Even if I let them
callous over, they will develope a new blister on top
of the callous on the next hike. Occassionally I've
even gotton blisters on the BOTTOM of my heels-- ouch!

I started trying out sandals, and initially had
excellent results. This weekend's trek over Donahue
Pass to Thousand Island Lake on the JMT resulted in my
toes rubbing together and blisters forming between my
toes! (That's a first!) With unbearable foot fatigue
after about 4 hours of hiking, even with numerous
stops and chances to soak my feet in the streams. I
literally cried for the last 3 hours of the hike to
Thousand Island Lake on Saturday-- which took about 3
hours longer than it ought to have!

The GOOD news is that my HEELS are blister free this
time-- small consolation considering I'm back at home
now.

~Maggie

--- Steve Peterson