[pct-l] Re: Scary sounds

One summer I was camping in Yosemite Valley, and decided to climb Half
Dome with some friends and relatives one day. Left late of course,
fooled around on the way up, so we made it to the top in the early
afternoon. We're sitting there on the lip, eating lunch and throwing
snowballs off the top, when we notice this sound like buzzing bees,
coming from behind us. There were three of us, we look at each other,
and the hair was standing straight out on our heads and arms. The steel
post on top was humming like a Notel Motel vibrating bed. Lightening
was about to strike any second.
There is absolutely nowhere to go up on top, except down. We knew
better than to touch the cables so we slipped and slithered down the
backside as fast as we could, but it is very steep, almost beyond the
limit of traction for our boots. The first bolt hit above us when we
were about half way down but fortunately the rain didn't start until we
were down to tree line.

Mo Jo