[pct-l] Class of 2006

Hola,

Vic Hanson here in Peru, planning on 2006 after about 5 years of dreaming
about it. It's going to be tough giving up my $250/month salary! I finish a
3 year missionary term in the Peruvian Andies in February and will be
heading back to the States. Hopefully not losing my conditioning visiting
family in Minnesota for a month or so before heading to L.A. area (where I
lived for about 17 years before coming to Peru) around the middle/end of
April. Plan on spending as much time as possible before the ADZPCTKO on the
trails of S. Cal. and then start with the herd.

I'm 57 calendar years old but 47 physically and 37 mentally, or something
like that, and totally jazzed about getting on the trail. I hike here once
or twice a week, starting at 8800 feet and going up to 15,000 or so, so have
the altitude conditioning taken care of. Had lunch today at 16,250' on the
drive back from a neighboring village, 5 hours away. No previous long trail
experiance, just day/multiday hikes on the PCT, in S. Cal. and here. Looking
forward to getting to know the rest of the class of 2006 on line and in
person.

If anyone is interested in knowing more about me or stories/pictures of my
adventures here, please check out my blog, address is below.

http://spaces.msn.com/members/vichanson/

Vic