[pct-l] scariest sound

I forgot to mention this in my earlier trip report but while I was out with my dog Lacey on the PCT in the Marbles there was a sound in the middle of the night I've yet to be able to explain.

I was in my tent and Lacey right outside. About o'clock I hear this one, exceedingly loud, about 2 second bang. I looked out and Lacey was bolt up right. She is a bit of a coward (read - a real coward) and squeezed into the tent with me. I was glad to have her there.

Around here we somewhat frequently get the 'fly boys' doing maneuvers there are not suppose to do. That may be what I heard - a jet sound. But, I really don't know. It was not a nature/natural sound. One bolt of sound, that was all. Loud as hell and I was glad I never heard it again.

JoAnn