[pct-l] '06 thruhikers

Is it typical to start a trail journal so early (8 months) prior to starting
out?

Also, does anyone know whether it is possible, with today's new fangled
phones (like T-mobile's Sidekick and the Palm Treo) to post to a website
(like Trailjournals.com) directly from the device to the site. Is a wireless
internet connection mandatory or could it occur through a wireless phone
call? Only someone who owns these phones would know this (or I guess a
T-mobile representative in the know)....