[pct-l] hamstring

I know that hamstrings take a lot longer than two weeks to heal, even when the
pull is mild.

I had a mild pull during a time when I was a runner. Rest (that is, no running)
and *light* stretching was all I did. It took forever (six months?) to heal and
that's when I was in my early 30s. After it healed, I had to be very careful not
to pull it again--I made sure I warmed up and then stretched well before doing
any hard running. It has never bothered my hiking in the least, however.

I'm not sure what the sprinters do to make it better when they pull one so bad
they fall down in the middle of a race--mine was not nearly that bad.

In addition to rest and light stretching, massage would also probably help.
--Steve