[pct-l] PCT & Cajon Pass Area Plus Mars Expedition

Well, Rattlesnake could not go on the big Saturday hike near Cajon  Pass.  He
had to move his son to Phoenix, AZ at the last minute.  So,  I did an
exploratory of Sections C and D around the Cajon Pass area.   Of course, from the
inside of my air conditioned auto.  A side treat was  there was a big antique
auto show in Wrightwood.  That was a lot of fun  walking around looking at all
the cars.  May be 200 of them. The trail  looked good everywhere that I saw it,
but of course it always looks good near a  road.  I plan to come back next
weekend with better maps and really do a  job of looking around.

As a side bar, when I got home after a day out and about (including eating
at the Grizzly Cafe and going into lots of shops in Wrightwood), my wife told
me  that my polo shirt was on inside out.  Now I think that is pretty rude of
all the people I came across that no one mentioned this.  They were all
laughing behind my back at an old man that wears his clothes inside out.   That is
a pretty sad commentary of our society, I think.  I know none of  you would do
that to
me.

Also, I am thinking climbing up to Mt. Balden-Powell off the PCT this
Saturday night (August 27) as the planet Mars will be closest to Earth in the  last
zillion years or for the next zillion years.  Or I might just climb  something
around here in Las Vegas.  I guess you have to be lucky with the  cloud
cover.  It sure would be great to be on top of Mt. Whitney this  Saturday night.

Anyone doing a Mars expedition this Saturday?

Your Trail From the Road Explorer,  Switchback