[pct-l] Anybody familiar with lyme disease?

Hi

This is lonetrail I picked up lyme disease in Pa also. I first  notice the
symptoms when I started to get a red circle and swelling around  the bite. I
evidently picked up a tick and while soaking in the tub it managed  at the water
line of tub attached itself right below my Adams apple and the  problems
began.  I thought it would go away after I removed the tick. With  in about a three
month I began to get severe arthritis in my shoulder area.  I went to a
doctor and had a blood test. The results came back and I had lyme  disease the
secondary stage. I was given antibiotics and it cleared it up. I  decided to get a
lyme vaccine I believe I got my first series shots and all my  symptoms
immediately came back. The doctor decide not to give the  second  series of shots.

Later on in life I  developed arthritis in that area. I found out  that any
injury I had when I was young it came back to haunt in my later  years.

Lonetrail

I think I have symptoms consistent with lyme disease.  Any  ideas as to
how prevalent it really is?  I'm in central PA.  I have  online
information and am visiting a doctor tomorrow morning, but would  still
be interested as to whether anybody has any idea as to whether  catching
it relatively early can reduce the effects much.  I would  greatly
appreciate if anybody intimately familiar with this disease  would
contact me off-list.

Rgds,

Ben  Racine

bjr214@psu.edu