[pct-l] Pack vs Pack

you might want to look at the Gregory Z pack, too. It weighs in at 3+ lbs (a
bit heavy by many standards) but it has that Gregory comfort and durability
factor going for it. You can lighten the load by 9 oz. by removing the back
panel.
 You should also consider looking at the ultralight equipment manufactured
by thru hikers, too. Check out Sixmoonsdesigns.com. I really like Ron Moak's
equipment-- it is all very well made (next year I've decided to hike with
the Starlight pack and Lunar Solo shelter after testing many different
products). Also, for packs, look at the selection offered by Ultra Light
Adventures (ULA), out of Utah. Same ultra light hiking concept and quality
construction (I'd forward the web addresses but my browser is on the blink--
Yahoo! it, you'll find the web sites....)