[pct-l] Multipurpose Nalgene

very year PCTers (and to a lesser extend CDTers)
wonder about bumping into illegals along the trail.

Or maybe you just want to strike up a conversation
with the locals who may speak Spanish as
their primary language?

If you hike parts of the CDT, you will often see
sheep herders in the backcountry  who only speak
Spanish (saw one on the CT/CDT near Searles Pass
last year).

If you are like most gringos, your command
of Spanish is rudimentary at best [1].

The solution?

Why a Nalgene with handy, dandy Spanish phrases! :)

http://www.bottlesintranslation.com/

Made right here in the People's Republic of Boulder,
CO.

OK...I would never use a $15 water bottle, but hey, I
thought it was pretty clever. A nice conversation
piece! (groan...)

Mags

[1] I am further handicapped that when I do try
to use Spanish words, I tend to say it
like a person tring to speak bad Italian with
an equally bad northeastern accent.  What I did to the
small So. Cal. town names was atrocious! ;)

--Thoreau
http://www.magnanti.com