[pct-l] Pack Covers - Quick Help!

I'm not thru-hiking, I'm doing the Rae Lakes Loop beginning of
September. I can afford to carry a single use pack cover (heck- I'm
carrying an oilcan the first day!).
I think I may have posted this before, but I really do enjoy backpacking
in the rain and snow. One of the reasons is that I have really good rain
gear and I can stay dry, warm and comfortable in even the heaviest
rainfalls.
The only thing that I'm not as confident in, is my pack. Though it was
advertised as "water resistant", I still have things that get wet
inside. I've done the inside wrap thing with my tent fly, but at camp, I
still have a wet pack shell. And I can't wrap everything, cuz I've got a
couple compartments around the pack that I use.
If I can have the same confidence in keeping my pack dry as I do with
the rest of me, I'll simply enjoy my hike more!
I'll be a week out on the Loop Trail and I expect the afternoon showers,
so I want to get a silnylon cover.

I inquired about these a long time ago and even got a contact for a
custom made cover (my Aconcagua pack is sort of a unique shape). But I
balked and now I lost the contact. In any case, I need it by the end of
this month. I doubt someone can custom sew one for me and have it
delivered in time...

But if I can find one now, I'll buy one!

Michael Saenz, Associate Partner
McLarand    Vasquez    Emsiek   &   Partners,   Inc.
A r c h i t e c t u r e  |  P l a n n i n g  |  I n t e r i o r s
MVE       MVE    Institutional       MVP    International
w  w  w   .   m  v  e   -   a  r  c  h  i  t  e  c  t  s   .   c  o m