[pct-l] Trash Therapy

Good evening, everyone,

I had an interesting experience today that is loosely related to the PCT because it involves PCT training.  I work not far a river that has beaches and a trail that follows for miles, so I typically walk a few miles while I munch my lunch.  Today I came upon an individual who was leaving a small patch of beach that was monumentally trashed.  The conversation went something like this:

Me:  "Man, just look at all that trash!"

He:  "Yeah, ain't it great. I don't wana' to carry that *%*&# out of there, and they love to."

Me:  "Who do you mean, 'they'?"

He:  "Don't 'cha know?  I mean them *%*&# prisoners from the *%*&# jail.  The State cleans all them beaches, 'n trails, 'n roads with them *%*&#.  Does 'em good to get out and get some *%*&# fresh air once in a while 'stead of sittin' in jail just (deleted) and (deleted) and (deleted) all the *%*&# time."

Before I could glance down to see how badly his knuckles were worn from dragging on the ground, he was gone.

So there you have it straight from the horse's . uh, mouth:  Leaving trash not only lightens our load, but it also provides meaningful rehabilitation for many of our miscreant citizens.

Steel-Eye

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein