[pct-l] John Muir Trail bound!

Good luck and have a blast!!!! We hiked the JMT last year in 16 days with 1 zero at VVR. It was absolutely AMAZING!!! You will be changed forever....ahhhh...the Sierras.

Be careful not to lose the trail at sunset creek about 7 miles outside of Yosemite Valley. About 50% of the hikers that we hiked with last year did. It was, however, a nice detour up to clouds rest!

Happy Hiking!!!

Deems <losthiker@sisqtel.net> wrote:
I leave the homeland of the Bigfoot circus tomorrow for the Sierra
wilderness to hike the John Muir Trail sobo. I'll hike from Yosemite to
Whitney and out by way of Horseshoe Meadows, in hopefully 15-16 days, and
230 miles. It'll be a dream hike I've waited a long time to do, wish me
luck.

Jennifer Head

Ph.D. Candidate
Oregon Institute of Marine Biology