[pct-l] Re: falling on (an off!) trail

I always hike with two poles even on dry ground, and they have
prevented me from many falls and from drowning.  I studiously avoid any
situation that would require crampons or ice axe for safety.  I once
fell on snow on the Baden-Powell switchbacks (in June) and slid down to
the next switchback on my toes and elbows.  Not fun and I wouldn't want
to do it again.  So I am officially disqualified from thru-hiking
because I am too risk-averse  (aka a big wuss).
llamalady

So here I am, just off the trail, no injuries other than the usual
scapes and scratches that seem to accumulate in sixty plus miles on the
trail. Boots saved my wussy ankles several times, and I got back home,
minus a quart of two blood extracted by the skeeters in the high
country (see DEET vs. Picaridin thread).
And here I am, gimping around the house because I was walking down the
sidewalk yesterday (nowhere near the PCT) and rolled an ankle on a
palm-sized stone somebody kicked out of the landscaping in the park.
Go back! It's not too late! Don't get out of bed if you value your life!
Or get out on the trail! It's safer!

Mo (hopalong) Jo