From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net]On Behalf Of
dsaufley@sprynet.com
Sent: Friday, July 29, 2005 10:04 AM
To: Joanne Lennox; PCT-L@backcountry.net; JoAnn M. Michael
Subject: Re: [pct-l] when to help

I am so moved by your words that I'm sitting here at my desk at work, tears
rolling down my face (thankfully my co-workers know me well).  The love, my
dear friend, is definitely mutual.

It is an honor and a privilege to be a part of your journey, to be of help
in some way.  We are filled with admiration and awe of the intrepid
adventurers who set out on this incredible pilgrimage of body, mind, and
spirit.  To know that thoughts of those, like us, who serve are closely held
in the hearts of those we seek to support is a reward greater than gold.

I have never experienced anything like this community, ever seen or heard of
as many miracles of human kindness as happen on this trail.  It is
overwhelmingly good.  From this simple concept of a trail comes countless
shining lights of how much people care, sacrifice, and give.  Here is found
the finest examples of humanity.  As one woman wrote in the register, "it's
the antidote for the evening news."

L-Rod