[pct-l] Sponges - big Section D expedition

Switchback
This will be a good place to try this out... You might want to bring you
asbestos suit too :-Q it's gonna be in a word HOT out there.

Mormon Rock fire sta
http://www.wrcc.dri.edu/cgi-bin/rawMAIN.pl?caCMOR

Big Pines
http://www.wrcc.dri.edu/cgi-bin/rawMAIN.pl?caCBIP

I have used the mistymate sprayers for years in the hot weather, but this is
mainly on 10-16 mile day hikes. I like an umbrella too. A wet extra large
bandana on the head and neck is cooling as well. freeze solid a 1.5 liter
water nice ice cold water is a joy!

If you come across any down trees or other problems, let Pete Fish or me
know and I'll get it to the proper people, photos, description, and GPS
coordinates would be most excellent, an elevation and location would suffice
too.

When I was out that way several years ago with my son, we saw 2 Big Horn
Sheep on the Heath Cyn landslide, very cool!

When I am slogging up Mt Lukens in the broiling heat I use mental imagery
too, I imagine it when I hiked that part when it was buried in snow and ice,
at least it takes your mind off of it. Made my 889th trip to the Summit last
Sunday, it was better than the previous Thursday when I got a late? start at
6:45am and regretted it 90% of the way.

Cheers
Trail90