[pct-l] Update on Super Secrets #41 and #44

Previously, I had posted this Super Secret.

#44 - Pedometer: These handy little devices might be useful for giving you
your mileage or other indicators as you walk. This might be VERY USEFUL as you
walk to the next water source or trail town.  I am using the GoWalking
Talking Pedometer (1.25 ounces).  If you have used some type of pedometer,  let me
know what your experiences have been.  My local park has a .47 mile
rubberized walking track, so that is where I have calibrated the device.
I have now used the pedometer in my local mountains on a 6.1 mile loop  trail
and it read 5.9 miles at the end of the hike.  I think this is very
acceptable for PCT use.  I want to use the pedometer to let me know how far  it is to
the next water, etc.  This is super useful out on the trail to  know
approximately how far you have gone and how far it is to the next  point.

Additionally, Super Secret #41 on using a kitchen timer to let you know  when
to drink has proved very successful.  I set mine at 30 minutes to  count down
to the alarm.  Then I drink and eat some salt peanut  crackers.  I reset the
alarm and head off down the trail.  Very easy  to use and keeps you out of
trouble with dehydration.

These two Super Secrets could really give you an edge out there.   Plus, the
weight is only an ounce or two.  Be sure to take extra batteries  (small and
light).  With the timer you can just take the battery out when  not using it.
The pedometer is a little tricky.  If you take the  battery out, then you lose
your stride settings, etc., and have to reset  it.  Not a big deal.

Your hiking buddy and always thinking of where your next drink is coming
from, Switchback