[pct-l] #45 Super Secrets of Backpacking

#45 - Switchback's Super GORP - You know how we like to get double or  triple
duty out of our gear and supplies.  My latest recipe for trail GORP  is for
breakfast and for snacking on the trail.  Take some granola and mix  with nuts
and fruit for a powerful combination.  You have a very nutty  breakfast
granola and a nice sweet/salty trail snack all in one.  Very  tasty and stays fresh
in containers like empty Crystal Light tubes.  Here  is my current recipe:
1.  Wild Oats vanilla/almond granola (50% of  mixture)
2.  Salted Virginia peanuts
3.  Salted  cashew pieces
4.  Salted almonds
5.  Add dried  fruits like blueberries and cranberries as desired.
I have always found the  chips or nut based GORP recipes to be wanting.  This
recipe is very tasty  and satisfying.  Plus, it has lots of good things for
you on the  trail.  Experiment with the ingredients for your particular  taste.

Cheers, Switchback
Future PCT Saloon Keeper