[pct-l] troll?

relax, matt  switchback's post was a joke.
further, i don't think it's wrong for someone to inquire about trail conditions on this site.
quite the opposite, actually.  the site exists for people to share information about the pct, including trail conditions.

i hope your week picks up.  however, i think there IS something going on in the universe today.  you're not the only one who isn't "feeling the love."  i had a cabbie blow up at me this morning for no reason and the postal employee at the 104th and broadway post office refused to accept my resupply bucket addressed to muir trail ranch!!  he even refused to lend me a pen to fill out the receipt!!!

oh well, i caught another taxi and successfully posted the package from 94th street.

be well, everyone and PLEASE DO feel the love!

Matt Geis <mgeis@yahoo.com> wrote:
Normally, I try to be really diplomatic in my
not quite feeling the love.

Is the recent thread about "continuous trail condition
updates" for real or is it a troll?

Get outdoors, and experience the weather, good **and**
bad. If you don't like the weekend forecast, stay
home. If you can't abide bad weather, don't go on a 5
month hike! Hiking through terrible conditions can be
awesome -- the fact that you're doing it and
succeeding is a great feeling. If you're an
uber-hyper-ultralight hiker with only a pair of
underwear, no jacket, thin shirt, etc., well, maybe
you should have thought that one through a bit better.
The ultralight hiker carries as part of his/her base
weight a certain assumption of risk.

Finally, if you have $5 million to give to the PCT,
don't use it to better enable a bunch of armchair
hikers to vicariously enjoy the PCT -- put it into
something like trail repair for the area that was
demolished in 2003. Contribute to land conservation
efforts. Contribute to lobbying efforts to help trail
construction / acquisition.

Iron Chef