[pct-l] 4th of July Oregon Sisters area update

Just back from our 4th of July hike into the Green Lakes area just east of South Sister. Lowest snow we have seen at this date. Absolutely no ice on Green Lakes or Moraine Lake. Only a few patches of snow in the trees above the lake. There were snow fields on all sides of the ridge up South Sister. No snow on the trails. Mosquitoes were out, but not so bad (except around 5 pm, and even those were light). Streams seemed to be flowing higher than other years. Although we didn't get to the PCT side, based on what we saw, I expect a fairly clear trail. Days were hot and dry, nights were marvelous. No snow down on Century Drive where Elk Lake is.

Marshall Karon
Portland, OR