[pct-l] Donner Summit to Squaw Valley conditions

Monday 6/27 T-Bott and I left Donner Pass south on Monday, 6/27 for a
dayhike to Squaw Valley to check out trail conditions as we had planned to
hike south to Mt. Whitney. It seems there had been little or no traffic as
we could not see any footprints in the snow.  This made it difficult to find
the trail after crossing snowfields.  We had at least three scary snowfield
traverses; Lincoln was moderate, Anderson was very tough, and the one  at
Granite Chief, we feared for our lives, not having ice axe or crampons. It
would have been worse had we been going north (down hill). The one day, 12
mile, "dayhike" turned out to be an overnight after about 8 miles, and the
last 4 miles took 4 1/2 hours the next morning.  We have decided to go to
Ashland, OR tomorrow and hike south. Fancy Free