[pct-l] desolation wilderness.

Unfortunately, MANY people are familiar with this
wilderness area. It's heavily visited, especially the
more popular areas of it. Nothing like being on top of
Mt. Tallac along with 60 (sixty!) 6th graders.

It's beautiful to be sure. As is the entire Tahoe Rim
Trail, a section of which is the same as the PCT and
heads through the heart of Desolation. I highly
recommend the Rim Trail as an 8-10 day loop all the
way around. Just watch out for mountain bikes going 30
miles an hour on blind corners (I almost got wiped out
by two of them in one of the sections open to bikes).