[pct-l] Southern Washington Trail Conditions

Generally, from where we left the trail for a few days near Blowout Mountain
(north of Chinook pass) the trail has been much, much easier going.  We
began where we left off.  There were a few snow patches between Chinook and
White Passses, though nothing serious.  South of White Pass, while crossing
Old Snowy Mountain, we encountered a few very steep patches of snow over
major cliffs.  This likely will melt out soon, but caused a bit of excitment
for us.  Beyond Old Snowy there were several snow patches, though navigation
was easy.  Bugs were aggressive between Old Snowy and Mt. Adams.  The
traverse around Mt. Adams began benign, then became totally snow-covered.
However, we were able to navigate it ok, and even saw the trail from time to
time.  Curiously, we saw no other tracks on both the Old Snowy traverse and
while skirting Mt. Adams.  No snow from Mt. Adams to the Columbia.  In fact,
there is no snow all the way to Timberline Lodge, where we are now, 6/28.

We ran into Preacher Jim, Jackalope, and Billy Goat as they ascended towards
Mt. Adams.  Later, we saw Two Sticks as he ascended out of the Columbia
Gorge.

Cheers,

Tom and Krystal